Monday, December 8, 2008

Where have I been?!

Hello darling clients, family, friends and blog-readers! Have you missed me? I feel like I've been gone forever! I thought I'd drop you a line and explain what's been going on... I know some of you have been worried ;)

The truth is, it's been a rough month! I mentioned in an earlier post that I'd been sick. First I had a sinus infection, and then just when I thought that was over, I came down with vertigo. The doctor thought the vertigo was caused by the sinus infection and gave me some antibiotics. After a few days, I was feeling pretty much better, but still just a little bit off. Then I flew home to Indianapolis for Thanksgiving. I wasn't feeling too great the day I left and spent my whole first day home asleep in bed. But after some rest, I felt better and got to spend a couple days hanging out with my family and even catching up with an old friend. And then my antibiotics ran out. And suddenly, I was feeling majorly dizzy again. So dizzy I couldn't even drive up to Chicago to visit one of my best friends! So, back to the doctor I went! This doctor agreed that it was probably the sinus infection, and gave me another antibiotic, as well as a nasal spray. Plus, my Mom found a seasickness patch in the medicine cabinet, and gave me a couple of those for good measure. So, I spent Thanksgiving totally light-headed and antisocial, but started feeling a bit better before coming back to Boston last week.

When I got back to Boston, though, I noticed that my vision was really wacked out. I start out a little far-sighted, but now I seemed to be REALLY far sighted. It was freaky! So, back to the doctor I went... She figured out that the patch was dilating my eyes, which explained the vision problems. But, she was a bit concerned that I was still a feeling light-headed. So, she encouraged me to stay on the antibiotics, but also ordered a CAT scan and an appointment with the opthomologist. She told me that she really doesn't think I have a brain tumor or anything, but decided we should check, just in case! That made me feel all better ;-)

Today I'm feeling a lot better - only light-headed if I bend down, so I'm thinking it probably has all just been a really nasty sinus infection. I just got back from my CAT scan, and my optho appointment is tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully by the end of the week we'll have a much better idea of what's been going on in my head!

All that to say, I haven't been able to work quite as much as usual - especially with the whole not being able to see thing. Of course, that's been stressing me out because I want to get everything up online for my wonderful clients and make everyone happy with photos in time for Christmas! So, please know that I'm doing my best to catch up - I'm even hiring some help to come in this week and get things moving! So, keep your eyes peeled for lots of photos over the coming days - and if you think of it, pray that we'd figure all this out and that I'd be super healthy for the rest of the winter (or at least the rest of this year)!!

Thanks for being awesome!
kg

2 comments:

  1. Feel better soon. It's never fun to have a mystery sickness that you just can't kick. And I miss seeing your awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better soon. It's never fun to have a mystery sickness that you just can't kick. And I miss seeing your awesome work!

    ReplyDelete