Thursday, August 21, 2008

Evan & Kelly's Wedding!!

Wow! It's been WAY too long since I posted anything on this blog of mine! I'm sure you were all checking back each day wondering what the heck had happened to me. I hope you weren't too worried ;) I have so much to blog about, but I definitely wanted to get this wedding up before anything else!!


Evan & Kelly got married a few weeks ago, on a beautiful sunny day in Cambridge. I started the day with Kelly at the Harvard Faculty Club where she was getting ready. It's such a cool old building, and I was definitely excited to shoot there for the first time! One of the first things I got to see was the room they were staying in at the Club. It had the coolest window, and I just had to shoot the dress in front of it!



Then it was back downstairs to spend some more time with Kelly and her family. Kelly was a little anxious and definitely wanted to get the show on the road! She just couldn't wait to get down that aisle and marry Evan, which is the best reason to be anxious before your wedding!




The ceremony was held just a block away at Harvard Memorial Church. The ceremony was so nice, and Evan & Kelly just looked so happy!


After the ceremony, we walked back to the Faculty Club, and made a few stops along the way for some casual portraits.




Are they cute, or what?



Back at the reception, the guests were mingling and enjoying the day, while I was eying the cake... Don't you just want to pluck off those little flowers and eat 'em?!



Apparently, I wasn't the only one who felt that way... My assistant, Melissa, totally busted this kid trying to snag a bite!



The first dance as husband & wife...



All day long, you couldn't get the adorable kids off of the dance floor. Not even during the father-daughter dance!


After a bit of dancing, Evan & Kelly were toasted by their loved ones. The toasts were awesome...lots of tears are the proof!

I love this series! It totally makes me cry because you can just see how close Kelly & her sister are, and how much they love one another. Sisters are awesome!


The Best Man got a few more laughs than tears...


But Kelly's Dad really takes the cake. I have looked at these images at least 5-6 times now throughout my editing, and I have cried EVERY TIME!! He's a total crack-up, so I was expecting a really knee-slapping kind of a toast. But, then he starts talking about how when he was a kid he loved the movie Peter Pan (the live-action one w/ Mary Martin - which is a totally great version, btw). And then he goes into this long description of the part where TinkerBell almost dies - and he actually starts crying just talking about it. Which makes all of us cry, of course. I can't exactly remember how he worked it all out, but in the end he had us all clapping for Evan & Kelly the way kids over the generations have clapped for Tink. I'm telling you, it was the best Dad toast, ever!




Did I mention the adorable kids?



The happy couple enjoying the last dance of the day!




Before the afternoon ended, there was one shot that I HAD to get. I'd been dreaming of it since we visited the Faculty Club during Evan & Kelly's engagement shoot. The club just has the best staircase, you see...




Evan & Kelly, it was such a wonderful day! You are surrounded by love, and it was an amazing thing to witness. Thank you for trusting me to be a part of your wedding. And thanks for sticking it out to the very end to get my dream shot :) I've really enjoyed getting to know you both over the past year - and I look forward to working together to design the perfect album to tell the story of your day! I hope you LOVE the photos!!

2 comments: