Thursday, May 8, 2008

Hope For The Children of Haiti

One of my portrait clients is on the board for an organization called Hope For the Children of Haiti. Well, they're not just on the board - but they've adopted 3 teenage boys through the ministry! To say that Hope For the Children of Haiti is a big part of their lives would be quite an understatement.

A few weeks ago we started talking about the possibility of me going down to Port-Au-Prince to document the ministry's orphanage & school - and of course, the kids. Well, yesterday we bought our tickets and it's official! I am so excited about the opportunity to work with HFC, and for the chance to visit Haiti for the first time! I have many friends who have visited Haiti, and this orphanage in particular, so I'm really looking forward to seeing it with my own eyes, and bringing that back to all of you. I'll be heading down there at the end of the month, so stay tuned for photos and stories from Port-Au-Prince this summer!!

2 comments:

  1. Mad props to you my friend for all that you do! Have a fun and safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your photos really brought back memories!! I lived in Petionville when I was younger and have a combination of incredible joy and sorrow when I remember Haiti. Some of the missionaries we lived near are still located in there. It is just fabulous to see people reaching out. Thank you for sharing this experience!

    ReplyDelete