Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Britt & Mike's Cape Cod Wedding - Chatham, MA

I am so excited to share the rest of Britt & Mike's wedding with you! I've been excited for this one since the first time I met Britt & Mike last summer. I've really had a chance to get to know them over the last year or so as we've done two engagement sessions. It is fun to get to know a couple during shoots and meetings and phone calls, but then to meet their friends and family and see them through that lens is doubly wonderful. These two people are dearly loved! The whole crowd was warm and genuine, and certainly fun! It was a truly wonderful day...

Britt & the girls got ready at the house where the reception would later be held.


Cape Cod Wedding



Cape Cod Wedding


I love this emotional shot Elizabeth captured of Britt's parents watching her get ready!


Cape Cod Wedding


Britt's dress was AH-mazing! I literally gasped when she pulled it out of the closet. Not the most professional moment of the day. But it was gorgeous - the color, the material, the cut were all perfect!


Cape Cod Wedding


Britt's reaction to seeing herself in her dress brought us all to tears! I think that can be one of the most overwhelming moments for a bride - when it really sinks in that she's getting married today.


Cape Cod Wedding


Cape Cod Wedding


Meanwhile, down the road, James Federico of The Feds Studio was helping me out by photographing Mike and the guys getting ready. I always laugh because there's really nothing much to guys getting ready. Just tie their tie and hit the road!


Cape Cod Wedding


Once everyone was ready, we headed down to the beach for the ceremony. After all the rain we'd been having, we were blessed with a beautiful sunny day! :)


Cape Cod Wedding


James captured this image of Britt's parents and grandmother laughing - love it.


Cape Cod Wedding


Cape Cod Wedding


Don't worry, he got the ring on her finger!


Cape Cod Wedding


James' shots of the kiss were my favorites


Cape Cod Wedding


Happy tears!


Cape Cod Wedding


A few minutes alone with Britt & Mike at the beach...


Cape Cod Wedding


Elizabeth caught this shot of me during the portraits. In case you want to know what you should expect on your wedding day... You should expect me, hiding in the grass, or laying on the ground, and basically doing whatever I can to get a cool shot and to make sure I can't wear really nice pants... ;)


Cape Cod Wedding



Cape Cod Wedding




Cape Cod Wedding


Cape Cod Wedding


Then we headed back to the house and grabbed some group shots and a few more portraits of the happy couple. I had to jump off the dock and onto the muddy shore to capture the next two, but it was worth it.


Cape Cod Wedding



Cape Cod Wedding


After portraits it was time for the fun to begin! The evening started with some wonderful toasts. First up, Britt's Dad...


Cape Cod Wedding



Cape Cod Wedding


The Best Man


Cape Cod Wedding


Then Britt's sister and Maid of Honor, Devon gave a very touching and tearful toast


Cape Cod Wedding



Cape Cod Wedding


Cape Cod Wedding


Cutting the Cake


Cape Cod Wedding


Their first dance


Cape Cod Wedding


And then the fun really began! I'm leaving out some crazy dance moves, a keg stand, and more - but you get the idea! This party was rockin'!


Cape Cod Wedding


The most dedicated and dramatic catching-a-fish dance move I've ever witnessed...


Cape Cod Wedding


and the last dance


Cape Cod Wedding


Britt & Mike - thank you so much for having me there to document your day!! Your wedding was so much fun, and I felt so welcomed in, like one of your guests. Heck, your cousin Kerry practically inducted me into the family ;) I hope you love the photos!!! I can't wait to get going on your album....

3 comments:

  1. Krista - the emotions you've captured here are incredible. I really feel like I'm right there at the wedding while looking at these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It is very nice blog, Nice picture sharing and great location. Perfect picture of Boston Wedding Photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet website , super pattern , rattling clean and use friendly . view website

    ReplyDelete