Saturday, February 16, 2008

The Lord Provides!

For the last couple years, I've been pretty frustrated with my SLOW computer. My sweet little iMac G4 was top of the line when I bought it back in 2002, but now, it can't even handle the software I use the most.



Last Spring, I'd been seriously praying for 6 months for a lap top that could handle my work load, and make me a little more mobile. One night at Genesis, my pastor/brother-in-law was talking about meeting each other's needs and taking care of one another. He opened the floor up to anyone who wanted to share a need. I spoke up and said "I need a laptop!" From behind me I heard a guy ask, "Mac or PC?" I, of course, replied "MAC!" After service that same guy came up to me and told me that he had a Mac laptop that he rarely used and that I could have it if I wanted it. Um, YEAH! So, all season long last year, I worked on my wonderful new(ish) laptop and things went great. Except, the laptop was also quite slow for editing in Photoshop...


So, I have continued to pray for a NEW computer &/or the money to buy one so that this season I can be more productive and waste less time waiting on my machine. Well, wouldn't you know it? The LORD has provided!! Here's what happened...

I was hanging out at my sister's house one night. My brother-in-law came home and my sister was freaking out saying "give it to her, give it to her!!" I was wondering what the heck was going on, but didn't ask. Eventually, he came over and handed me a gift card to the Apple Store saying "someone gave me this to give to you." I opened it, and there was no amount written inside, so I just said "thanks, that's cool!" My sister freaked out again and made him write the amount down for me (apparently I wasn't freaking out enough :). So, he comes back over and hands me the card and I open it to find that the gift certificate was worth $4500.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shut up!! I, of course, start crying and freaking out along with my sister and we're all screaming and freaking out. I have no idea who gave me this gift - but I believe that in the end it was God providing for me in a powerful way.


But wait! It gets BETTER! I went out to dinner that night with some friends and was sharing the amazing news with them. One of my tech-junkie friends was grilling me on the specs of the computer I was going to get. I had been trying to decide between a really suped-up iMac, or a basic Mac Pro with room to grow. His big concern was the size of the monitor I was going to get. I had calculated that I could afford a 23" monitor with the gift card. He thought I was insane if I didn't get the 30". I informed him that those cost $900 MORE than the other and that it would push me over the limit on my gift card. He nonchallantly says "well, then why don't I pay for the difference so you can get the 30" - you really should get the 30" it will just be so much better." Shut UP! And before any of you get the wrong idea, this is just a FRIEND - there's no interest on either side. This is just a friend who could afford to spend $900 to help another friend become more productive in her business. But, it's pretty freakin crazy!

He went with me to the Apple Store the next day and we picked out my new Mac Pro with a 30" monitor, and bought it online. It arrived just a couple weeks ago and it is AWESOME! It's so incredibly fast and the screen is just HUGE! I LOVE IT!!!




I am so thankful to whoever it is who gave me this incredible gift, and to my friend who made it even more incredible, and to God for making it all happen and for giving me some encouragement in this dreary season!!!

May God bless each of you in ways you would never imagine!!

7 comments:

  1. ohhhh myyyyyy that is some apple sweetness (despite what their stock will tell you). praise God for loving you in such a concrete way! wowowowowowow

    it's so beautiful ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing, what powerful gifts, literally!!!! You must be doing something right and I'm sure you will think of wonderful and fun ways to give back! (thinking lots of great photos to wonderful people). Enjoy! Looks like god is a techie...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a great story!!! You're so stoked. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm late to the blog stocking, but all I can say is wow. I love seeing God's provision in the loves of people that I really have no connection with. God get's bigger and the world gets smaller:).

    Aaron
    http://www.evantidephotography.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your computer is even more beautiful in person than in these pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow.

    Is there anything else to say? :-)

    ReplyDelete