Thursday, February 14, 2008

L-O-V-E

Ahhh, Valentine's Day! A day to think about LOVE. The ones you love, the ones who love you. My Valentines are my niece and 2 nephews. We are in love :)

But what IS love, really? Is it an emotion? A state of being?

We hear it at every wedding we go to (or every wedding we shoot)... 1 Corinthians 13, the LOVE chapter. But, what if we stop on this day of love to really think about what it means?

-----------------------------------------------------------

If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I knew all the mysteries of the future and knew everything about everything, but didn't love others, what good would I be?

And if I had the gift of faith so that I could speak to a mountain and make it move, without love I would be no good to anybody.

If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn't love others, I would be of no value whatsoever.

Love is patient
and kind.

Love is not jealous
or boastful
or proud
or rude.

Love does not demand its own way.

Love is not irritable,
and it keeps no record of when it has been wronged.

It is never glad about injustice
but rejoices whenever the truth wins out.

Love never gives up,
never loses faith,
is always hopeful,
and endures through every circumstance.

Love will last forever,
but prophecy and speaking in unknown languages and special knowledge will all disappear.

There are three things that will endure-
faith,
hope,
and love-

and the greatest of these is love.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Just think about that as you spend the rest of this day telling people you love them - and then spend the rest of your life REALLY LOVING THEM!

No comments:

Post a Comment