Friday, March 14, 2008

March PUG was awesome!

A couple months ago, I switched my schedule around so I could take part in an awesome photographer's community here in Boston - the Boston Pictage User's Group (or PUG). My good friends Matt & Enna Grazier are the local PUG leaders. Since I'm not working for them on a regular basis anymore (aw, sad), I wanted to make sure I still got to hang out with them at least once a month. Plus, I've had the chance to meet a whole slew of other great local photographers!

Last month, I got to hang out with Justin & Mary Marantz who were presenting that week. It totally motivated me to win a mentoring session with them through the Thirst Relief auction. Plus, I got to meet my new friend Shyla. Yay! Shyla has become a dear friend in such a short time, and I'm so happy to have her close by :)

This month, the PUG was held at Boston University's Center for Digital Imaging Arts. Matt & Enna secured prizes from all sorts of awesome photographers and vendors, and were raffling them off.


The main speaker of the night was ::e:: - also known as Eric Laurits. Eric is an awesome photographer and quite the artiste. He's also pretty excited about a system that has revolutionized his workflow - ShootQ. So, he was presenting all about ShootQ and how great it is. I'm not sure it's the best thing for me, but I'm thinking about it... Anyway, I had front row seats, and this was my view most of the night :)


There were a TON of photographers there that night! I got to meet a bunch of new people, as well as catch up with my friend Robert Mirani. Robert was one of the first photographers I met out here in Boston, and I have had the opportunity to second shoot with him about a dozen times in the 2 last years. He's an awesome photographer, and an all around great person :)

this photo was "borrowed" from Matt Grazier


This was a bunch of the stragglers at the end of the night. We just couldn't stop chatting!

this photo was taken from the Grazier's blog, but was shot by Doug Levy


I can't wait till the next PUG!!

No comments:

Post a Comment