Friday, May 22, 2009

Alli & Glenn's eSession - Woodstock, CT

Alli & Glenn live in New York City, we met in Boston, their wedding will be in Newport, and we shot their engagement session in Woodstock, CT! Talk about a New England wedding, this one includes almost all of it!

Woodstock is such a cute town and there were so many options for their engagement photos. Unfortunately it was spitting rain through the whole shoot, but Alli & Glenn were good sports and didn't mind getting a little wet :) We started out at Glenn's parents' home where they have some beautiful blossoming trees. (btw, this photo totally reminds me of my friend Amanda's logo!)

Alli & Glenn's Engagement Session


I love barns! I'm so glad they hadn't painted this one yet.


Alli & Glenn's Engagement Session

Alli & Glenn's Engagement Session


After a little while at the house, we hopped in the car to see what we would find. Alli thought of this great little wooded area, and it turned out to be fabulous! Plus, it sheltered us from the rain.


Alli & Glenn's Engagement Session


They're cute :]


Alli & Glenn's Engagement Session

Alli & Glenn's Engagement Session

Alli & Glenn's Engagement Session


I just love Alli's gorgeous green eyes!


Alli & Glenn's Engagement Session


It was right about this point that I almost fell on my face running through the woods in my Birkenstocks so I could lay on the ground and get these shots. Mental note: don't wear birks on engagement shoots anymore...


Alli & Glenn's Engagement Session


This is one of my favorites from the day!


Alli & Glenn's Engagement Session


Hey, look, we found another barn!


Alli & Glenn's Engagement Session

Alli & Glenn's Engagement Session


Alli & Glenn's Engagement Session

Alli & Glenn's Engagement Session

Alli & Glenn's Engagement Session


I saved the best for last... We stumbled across a field full of cows hanging out beside the road, and we just couldn't resist taking a few photos with them. I mean, what's an engagement session for a NYC couple without some cows and a farm?! ;)


Alli & Glenn's Engagement Session


Alli & Glenn's Engagement Session


I love how the cows were posing for the camera!


Alli & Glenn's Engagement Session


This one really wanted to be in the picture


Alli & Glenn's Engagement Session


It was definitely was one of the most entertaining eSessions I've ever shot!


Alli & Glenn's Engagement Session

Alli & Glenn's Engagement Session

Alli & Glenn's Engagement Session


Alli & Glenn, thanks for a great shoot! I don't have many couples who would be up for having their engagement photos taken with cows, so thanks for being adventurous with me :) I'm totally excited for your Newport wedding in, woah, less than a month!

6 comments:

  1. Love the cows!!! They should be happy with these

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the feel of these! The light is beautiful!! You really captured the tender beauty of spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cow shots! :) those are totally fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work and absolutely love Woodstock. Gotta have me some cows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. really love the cows! Cute couple and you captured them beautifully ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really know how to make color jump out. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete